Preparation time: 20minutes
Total cooking time: 3 - 4 minutes
Makes about 25 pieces
- 400g (12oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 250g (8oz) mixed coloured marshmallows
- 1 cup or 160g (5oz) unsalted roasted peanuts
- 100g (3oz) glace cherries, halved
- 45g (2oz) desiccated coconut, optional
- Line the base and sides of an 18 x 28 cm (7x11 inch) rectangular tin with foil or baking paper.
- Place the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl.
- Stand the bowl over a small pan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate has completely melted and is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat but leave the bowl over the pan to keep the chocolate soft.
- Roughly spread about one quarter of the melted chocolate over the base of the prepared tin.
- Place the marshmallows, nuts and cherries randomly over the chocolate and press lightly to stick.
- If using the coconut then sprinkle all over.
- Pour the remaining chocolate evenly over the ingredients in the tin.
- Tap the tin on the bench to ensure the chocolate is evenly distributed between the gaps.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until completely set.
- Carefully lift out of the tin.
- Remove the foil or paper and cut into pieces to serve.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Design and Presentation
* * * *