Herby Bean Cakes.
- 2 x 400g (13oz) cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 bunch of spring oniions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped herbs (such as sage, parsley or thyme)
- 50g (2oz) Stilton chees, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 50g (2oz) fine white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- parsley sprig, to garnish
- tomato and cucumber salad, to serve
- Place the beans in a food processor or blender and blend until almost smooth. Add half of the egg and blend again.
- Stir in the spring onions, herbs and Stilton. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into 8 balls, then flatten them slightly with the palm or your hand. Coat the patties in flour, then dip them into the remaining egg, then in the breadcrumbs to coat them. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and drizzle with the oil.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees C (400 degrees F), gas mark 6 for 10 - 15 minutes until golden and piping hot. Garnish with a parsley sprig and serve with a tomato and cucumber salad.
Design and Presentation
* * * *