Becky's Food Page 25 Spaghetti Bolognese.
March 13th 2008
- 500g (1lb) spaghetti
- 500g (1lb) minced beef
- 90g (3oz) bacon
- 2 oinions
- A 250g (8 oz) tin of tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 glove of garlic
- A pinch of basil
- Salt and pepper
- Some grated cheese
- Crush the garlic and chop the onions.
- Take the rind off the bacon and chop it up.
- Heat the oil in a big frying pan. Fry the garlic and onion gently until soft. Add the bacon and then the meat. Break it up with a fork and fry it, turning it, to brown it evenly.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, basil and seasoning. Stir well, put a lid on the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat some water in a large saucepan. Add salt and a teaspoon of oil to it, to stop the spaghetti sticking together.
- When the water boils, put in the spaghetti. Push it gently into the pan, it will slide down as the ends soften.
- Cook the spaghetti for 8-10 minutes until soft but not soggy. Then drain it well in a colander over the sink.
- Put the spaghetti in a warm dish and pour the meat sauce on top. Mix it all together.
- Serve the spaghetti with grated cheese to sprinkle on top and a green salad.
Design and Presentation
* * * *