Becky's Food Page 29 Oven Baked Risotto Carbonara.
May 14th 2008
Oven Baked Risotto Carbonara.
- 200g (8oz) carnoroli rice
- 100g (4oz) chopped bacon
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 1 onion
- One and a quarter pints of chicken or vegetable stock
- 75g (3oz) finely grated tasty cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- Fry the chopped bacon over a medium heat for 4 minutes and then remove it to a plate.
- Add the butter to the pan and add the onion, turn down the heat to no 3 and let the onions soften in the butter, add the bacon and rice to the soft onion and gently stir the ingredients.
- Add the stock to the rice mixture with the seasoning, bring to the boil, then let it simmer gently.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish, stir once and then place in the oven at the centre and bake for 15-20 minutes at gas mark 2 (300F, 150C).
- Afterwards stir in the cheese, whisked eggs and creme fraiche. Place back into the oven for 10 minutes..
Design and Presentation
* * * *