Becky's Food Page 31 Dutch Apple Pie.
June 18th 2008
Dutch Apple Pie
- 170g (6oz) flour
- 85g (3oz) margarine
- A little water to bind together
- 450g (1 lb) cooking apples
- 56g (2oz) sultanas
- 56g (2oz) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Set the oven at 350 F, 195 C, gas mark 5
- Prepare short-crust pastry and allow to rest.
- Peel the apples, cut into small pieces and place in a saucepan with a little margarine and cook gently until soft.
- Line the bottom of the pie dish with half the pastry and place the apple mixture onto it.
- Sprinkle the sultanas and cinnamon onto the apples.
- Roll out the remainder of the pastry and cover the pie dish.
- Bake in the centre of the oven until golden brown.
Design and Presentation
* * * *