Becky's Food Page 33 Tuna Mornay.
October 1st 2008
Note: 1 cup is half a pint
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 425g (13.5oz) can of Tuna
- 60g (2oz) butter
- 1/4 cup of plain flour
- 1/3 cup of cream
- 100g (3 1/2oz) grated cheese
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 5 pepper corns
- 120g (4oz) plain flour
- About 75g (3oz) margarine
- Put the oven on at gas mark 4 or 350F/180C
- Put the milk and Bay Leaf in a saucepan and bring to the boil, and leave to cool.
- Make the crumble by rubbing the flour and margarine together until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Sieve the milk into a bowl.
- Open the tin of Tuna, put into a sieve over a jug to save the juice and put the Tuna into a mixing bowl and break it up with a fork.
- Put the margarine in the pan, melt it and then add the flour
- Stir and add the milk, keep stirring so there are no lumps and it goes thick.
- Stir in the cream and half the cheese, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently mix in the Tuna.
- Put the mix in a flan dish.
- Put the crumble on top then the cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes
Design and Presentation
* * * *