Becky's Food Page 35 Mars Bar Cheesecake.
November 12th 2008
Mars Bar Cheesecake
- 3 Medium Mars Bars
- 100g (3.5oz) Digestive biscuits (9 biscuits)
- 70g (2.5oz) Butter
- 125g (5oz) Phildelphia cheese
- Half teaspoon of cinnamon
- To Make the Base:
- Put the butter in the saucepan and melt it gently on the stove.
- Put the biscuits into the bowl and crush them with the rolling pin until the look like breadcrumbs.
- Add the melted butter and cinnamon to the biscuit crumbs, stir them until throughly mixed.
- Put the mix into a 6" (15cm) flan ring, spreading it out evenly. Put it in the fridge.
- Wash out the mixing bowl. Quarter fill the saucepan with water, chop up 2 of the Mars bars and put them in the mixing bowl, put the bowl on top of the saucepan, place the pan on the stove and gently melt the Mars bars.
- Chop the 3rd Mars bar up and put to one side.
- When the Mars bars have melted very carefully take the bowl off the saucepan, add the Philadelphia chees and chopped up Mars bar, mix well.
- Take the biscuit base out of the fridge, pour the chocolate mix on top and spread evenly. Put it in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder, if you want to!
Design and Presentation
* * * *