Becky's Food; Page 4 Marshmallow Vanilla Buttercups.
March 24th 2011
Marshmallow Vanilla Buttercups
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup caster (berry) sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 100g (3oz) icing (powdered) sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Marshmallow dots
- (100g (3oz) minimum)
- Preheat the oven to 160c (320F). Use a 12-cupcake pan with cupcake papers. In a medium-sized bowl. Lightly beat the eggs, add butter and sugar, then mix until light and fluffy.
- Add buttermilk, flour and vanilla, and stir to combine. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake papers. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool fully before icing.
- Meanwhile, combine half the icing (powered) sugar and butter and mix with a wooden spoon. Add remaining icing sugar, butter and vanilla extract and beat with spoon until light and fluffy,
- Add a dollop (tablespoon-size) of topping to the centre of each cake. Make a flower design with the marshmallows dots in the centre of each cupcake.
Design and Presentation
* * * *