Becky's Food Page 5 Creamy chocolate fudge.
April 25 2007
This will make about 36 squares of fudge:
- 75g (3oz) full-fat cream cheese
- 350g (12oz) icing sugar
- 1 level tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of oil, for wiping
- 75g (3oz) plain chocolate drops
- 40g (1.5oz) butter
- a shallow 15cm (6in) square cake tin
- greaseproof paper
- Put the cream cheese into a bowl then sift the icing sugar and cocoa through a sieve into the bowl and mix well.
- Cut a sheet of greaseproof paper to the right size and put in the bottom of the tin.
- Using some kitchen towel and the oil to smear the paper and the inside of the tin.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl then stir in a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture and stir well.
- Pour the chocolate into the cheese mixture and beat them together until creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the top of the fudge with the back of the spoon.
- Put the tin into the fridge for two hours.
- Use a blunt knife to loosen the edges of the fudge and turn it out onto a large plate. Cut the fudge into squares and keep in the fridge.
Design and Presentation
* * * *