Becky's Food Page 6 Fruit Loaf.
April 25 2007
Fruit loaf .
This cake is delicious eaten as it is, but will keep for a few days and can then be served spread with butter:
- 4oz soft margarine
- 4oz muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- a good tablespoon of black treacle
- 8oz self-raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 4oz sultanas
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat the oven to 350 deg F, 180 deg C, gas mark 4.
- Grease a 1lb loaf tin and line it with greased greaseproof paper.
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and beat until well blended and smooth.
- Turn into the tin smooth the top and bake in the oven for about 1 to 1.25 hours, until the loaf feels firm to the touch, has shrunk slightly from the sides of the tin and a warm skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Turn the loaf out and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Design and Presentation
* * * *