Becky's Food Page 8 Apple and Blackberry Tart.
May 9 2007
Apple and Blackberry Tart.
Apple and Blackberry Tart
- 125g (4oz) shortcrust pastry
- 450g (1 lb) cooking apples, peled, cored and sliced
- 50g (2oz) English butter
- 1 egg separated
- 50g (2oz) brown sugar
- 25g (1 oz) sultanas
- 225g (8 oz) blackberries, or 200g (7 oz) can blackberries, drained
- 2.5ml (1/2 level tsp) ground cinnamon
- 150ml (5 fl oz) fresh double cream
- Roll out the pastry and use to line a 20.5cm (8 inch) flan ring. Arrange the apples in the flan case.
- Melt the butter, remove from heat and cool. Beat in the egg yolk and add the sugar, sultanas, blackberries and cinnamon. Mix well together and place in the flan case.
- Bake in the oven at 200 deg C (400F) mark 6 for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Whip the fresh cream until softly stiff. Whip the egg white until stiff and fold into the fresh cream. Pile on top of the tart and serve.
- Serves 6.
Design and Presentation
* * * *